Rao , T. Hessian-LoG filtering for enhancement and detection of photoreceptor cells in adaptive optics retinal images.
Anfisa Lazareva , P. Liatsis , Franziska G.
UCL Astrophysics Group - UCL - London's Global University
An automated image processing system for the detection of photoreceptor cells in adaptive optics retinal images Anfisa Lazareva , Panos Liatsis , Franziska G. Wavefront error correction with adaptive optics in diabetic retinopathy.
Marginal blind deconvolution of adaptive optics retinal images. Leonardo E.
Astrophysics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Adaptive Optics and Wavefront Control for Biological Systems IV, Conference Details.
- Music and the Southern Belle: From Accomplished Lady to Confederate Composer.
- Principles of Molecular Recognition.
- Sign In / Returning Customer?
- The Ivory Grin (Lew Archer Series, Book 4).
Skip to main content. Program Phase Year:. DoD Topic Number:. Release Date: November 28, Open Date: January 08, Application Due Date: February 06, Close Date: February 06, Such systems are well known for astronomical applications, but implementation and performance in a high energy laser HEL weapon system is still not well known.
Adaptive optics in HEL systems typically consist of a beacon illuminator laser that creates a non-cooperative beacon spot on the target that is imaged back through the main HEL telescope onto a wavefront sensor. The measured atmospheric distortions are then relayed onto a correction device such as a deformable mirror and the HEL beam is corrected before exiting the main telescope of the HEL. One issue with this approach in deep turbulence is the ability to measure phase when a branch point, or two pi phase shift occurs across the wavefront and the phase cannot be measured with conventional methods.
- Adaptive Optics: Methods, Analysis and Applications.
- Subaru Telescope Pioneers the Use of Adaptive Optics for Optical Observations;
- The Dark Night of Recovery: Conversations from the Bottom of the Bottle!
Several approaches have been theorized to measure the branch points, but are impractical to implement into a HEL weapon system because the hardware necessary to implement them does not exist or is too large and complicated to integrate into a tactical system. For example, self-referencing interferometers and digital holography wavefront sensing has been modeled and demonstrated in a lab environment, but would require a beacon illuminator of powers that do not exists today.
- Hanoi’s War: An International History of the War for Peace in Vietnam.
- Applied Optics.
- True Christianity;
- The New Nationalism. Implications for Transatlantic Relations;
- UCL facilities;
- Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers, Third Edition?
This solicitation in interested in adaptive optics systems that are capable of detecting and compensating for atmospheric conditions that include branch points while still operating in the constraints of a HEL weapon system. The volume for all hardware other than optics in the main HEL beam train to include electronic drivers and racks, illuminator lasers, chillers, etc. Optical components and sensors added to the main HEL optical bench shall be minimal and not require more than approximately 2 square feet additional space.